Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last night I dreamed about soccer games and tomboy stuff. I wonder if it was because we had a lot of discussions about gender neutrality at the women's potluck I attended last night. Either way, I know there were some nightmares mixed in too, but this is the first time in a while that I've remembered the good dreams and not the bad. I've been waking up so frequently with dreamscapes of betrayal and loss still lingering, it makes me feel like something is shifting.

After hearing all of the parents talking last night, I think if I ever get pregnant I will resist knowing the sex of the baby ahead of time. That way any gifts will have to be thought out and gender-neutral. At least the kid would have a clean start before being flooded with princesses and ponies or footballs and action heroes. I might be too anxious about it, or maybe my partner would be, but I really like the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment